Monday, March 11, 2013

Rock Orchestrations



















I was just playing around one lazy afternoon and stumbled on an orchestration of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. Like any other internet rabbit hole when I came out several hours later I had several selections to recommend to you. Most are by the London Symphony Orchestra and most reflect my well worn prejudice to classic rock.

Bohemian Rhapsody arranged for a symphony orchestra. You'll want to give this one more than 2 1/2 minutes.

Beatles's Penny Lane. Found this favorite more than a few times but this one is by a small string orchestra.

Led Zeppelin. All of My Love. Might even be better than the original.

Eric Clapton's Layla. This one has also been done a lot but most are soft orchestrations that stick to the original Clapton tracks; LSO really takes the theme and runs with it here. 


A Whiter Shade Of Pale, Procol Harum LSO. One of my favorite songs.


Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven. London Philharmonic Orchestra. The best of several tracks I found.

The Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday re-mixed & re-orchestrated by LSO.

The Beatles - Here Comes The Sun by The Wedding Players

No comments: