Monday, March 25, 2013

Editing

Man Oh Man do I love to write. I enjoy it so much. When I was younger I didn't, not at all. But somewhere in the late 90's and early 00's I found my voice. Writing the Matusow book with Amy Calistri confirmed it, at least to me.

There are certain words I don't throw around very easily, love is one; home is another. I love to write. I am, however, not fond of editing. In fact, one of those others word I don't utter often is hate. I don't hate editing, I would prefer someone else do it and hopefully somewhere in the future there is an editor out there who will be taking a blue pencil to my words. But that will be after many months of editing done by yours truly just to get my current work into the condition that deserves a good editor.

It's a drag, it sucks; it's a dangerous job but somebody's got to do it. Expect periodic murmurings from this blog about this task as it shall be around for the near future. And let me just add grumble, snarl, hiss.

No comments: