Monday, September 10, 2012

Stop the Madness!


Some of you are going to thank me for this, others will think I'm crazier than the Mad Hatter himself.

First a question. Have you decided to vote for either Mitt Romney or Barack Obama? You have. Well then let me offer you a piece of sanity you may not have considered.

You can stop following the presidential campaign today. With 56 days to go until election day, you can opt out of any more negative ads, political talking heads, friendly and not-so-friendly discussions at home, work and with friends or neighbors.

You can chose not only your own sanity but the peace and quiet of bullshitlessness for nearly two full months. Why torture yourself? Nothing is going to change your mind and you are likely not going to persuade anyone else either. Imagine the tranquility of stopping the campaign today. You can do it.

However, should you take this sage advice you are required to continue to read my blog. You can skip any blatantly political posts but you have to read the ones that attack both political parties. It's only fair, I showed you the way out of this dirty little campaign, so have the decency to muck about once a week with me and my dark shadow [1969 B.S. Political Science - Kalamazoo College].

No comments: