Tuesday, August 12, 2014

a musical cul-de-sac (11)


George Harrison takes the lead on this offering from the Beatles - Here Comes the Sun. The more I wander about in the realm of artists covering Beatles music, the more voices and instruments I find taking up with the boys from Liverspool. This tune has another wide range of one off presentations.

Paul Simon, David Crosby and Graham Nash in a tribute to George Harrison at the 25th anniversary of the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame. I like George Benson and I particularly enjoy this piano and vocal take. A very James Taylor orchestral presentation at the Kennedy Center, take note of Yo Yo Ma's reaction near the beginning. There are several Bon Jovi videos out there, this one to me has the most energy. Richie Havens has released several versions of Here Comes the Sun, this is the original from 1971. And finally George Harrison backed by Eric Clapton, Jeff Lynn, Phil Collins, Elton John and Ringo Starr.

No comments: