Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The 1% President

Sure the 1% would have been happy with Mitt Romney, but the Perry blunders followed by Cain's loose zipper gave the super elite the chance to push their real guy - Newt. The timing couldn't have been better, the holidays are upon us, people will be distracted from the endless republican debate schedule and then BANG! January and the first presidential primaries. Newt could be the nominee by Valentines Day. Under even the most competitive circumstances the nominee will be in place after Super Tuesday March 6th.

Unfortunately then the conversation turns as it always does to the better or worse of two terrible choices. My liberal friends will once again say "but if you don't vote for Obama we will get Newt!" And my conservative friends will say - "sure it's that gas bag Gingrich but otherwise we are stuck with another four years of Obama." 

John McCain! John Kerry! Al Gore! Bob Dole! Michael Dukakis! Walter Mondale! 

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I will step off the path,
And chose a new future
that will make all the difference
(apologies to Robert Frost)

1 comment:

Winweasel said...

During the '06 gubernatorial election in Massachusetts, I came to the conclusion that when I voted for the lesser of two evils, I was simply placing a bet that I'd kill my (town/state/Republic) a little more slowly. I resolved to stop wasting my vote by voting for one bad politician simply because the other bad politician on the ballot was worse. So, now I vote for whomever I believe will be best for my (town/state/Republic) by writing in a candidate I believe will actually do the job that needs to be done, rather than merely tilting a disastrous status quo in favor of their primary campaign donors' agendas.

A side benefit of voting this way, is you need to use a lot less mouthwash after leaving the voting booth to get that taste out of your mouth.