[Content: 0% poker, 43% other]
....where the hell have I been?
Well it's a long story and there is just no need to bother with it today.
So how about something lite and whimsical today... a test!
Strange though it may seem, this visual-emotive test has some validity.
Once you click on the link you just pick one and you're done; takes 15 seconds.
I offer this to you only because I was sent the nine responses first and then after I knew which one was "me", only then did I take the test and lo and behold -- it worked. Hmmm, maybe I should give you that same option.
OK, this is going to take longer; if you are in cyber-time mode and just want to press on with your daily surfing--jump to the bottom and click the Test Link.
Here are the nine 'answers', as you probably know they are very general and anyone who lacks a certain dollop of truthful self-awareness could believe anything about themself. However, I think if you take a moment and find the real you...... you will be surprised at the correlation.
The only real problem with the test is that many people relate transitory moods to color and form but if you read these and then immediately take the test... it should work. Sort of a temporal snapshot of your current inner state.
Here are the nine options:
1) You come to grips more frequently and thoroughly with yourself and your environment than do most people.
You detest superficiality. You'd rather be alone than have to suffer through small talk.
Your relationships with your friends are very strong, which gives you the inner tranquility and harmony that you require.
You do not mind being alone for extended periods of time. You are rarely bored.
2) You are easy-going and independent. You do not need to be the center of attention, instead you graciously let others take center stage.
You have no set plans, rather you prefer to "go with the flow," relying on your sharp instincts and intuition as situations present themselves to you. You are very social and popular, yet you are perfectly happy going off alone to persue your interests. There is a quiet confidence about you.
3) You are quite willing to accept certain risks and to make a strong commitment in exchange for interesting and varied work.
Routine, in contrast, tends to have a paralyzing effect on you.
What you like most is to be able to play an active role in events. In doing so, your initiative is highly pronounced.
4) You appreciate high quality and things that endure. Consequently, you like to surround yourself with little "gems," which are often overlooked by others.
Culture and tradition are important to you.
You have found your own personal style, which is elegant and exclusive, free from the whims of fashion.
Your ideal, upon which you base your life, is sophisticated pleasure.
5) You take charge of your life, and place less faith in luck and more in your own deeds. You solve problems in a practical, uncomplicated manner.
You take a realistic view of the things in your daily life and tackle them without wavering.
You are given a great deal of responsibility at work, because people know that you can be depended upon.
Your pronounced strength of will projects your self-assurance to others. You are never fully satisfied until you have accomplished your goals.
6) You are a very sensitive person. You refuse to view things only from a sober, rational standpoint.
You listen to your feelings. It is important for you to have dreams in life.
You reject people who scorn romanticism and are guided only by rationality.
You refuse to let anything confine the rich variety of your moods and emotions.
7) You value a natural style and love that which is uncomplicated. People admire you because you have both feet planted firmly on the ground and they can depend on you.
You give those who are close to you security and space. You are perceived as being warm and human.
You reject everything that is garish and trite. You tend to be skeptical toward the whims of fashion trends. Your style is easy and elegant.
8) You demand a free and unattached life for yourself that allows you to determine your own course. You have an artistic bent in your work or leisure activities.
Your urge for freedom sometimes causes you to do exactly the opposite of what is expected of you.
Your lifestyle is highly individualistic. You would never follow trends.
On the contrary, you seek to live according to your own ideas and convictions, even if this means swimming against the tide.
9) You love a free and spontaneous life. And you strive to enjoy every moment, in accordance with the motto: "You only live once."
You are very curious and open about everything new. You thrive on change. Nothing is worse than when you feel tied down.
You experience your environment as being versatile and always good for a surprise.
10) You are a mean, nasty bastard and will suffer the eternal fires of damnation.
OK, there are only nine but #10 you know who you are.
Sorry had to kill the test link, it now links to some cheap porno site.
A little addendum here: I took the test again a couple of months later and found that not only did my #1 still resonant as me but the two I was most repelled by are precisely the type of people I care to avoid.