Sunday, April 26, 2020

The Bone People


The Bibliophile's Devotional tells us "this unusual novel is woven through with dreams, myth, magic, the world of the dead, and the traditions of ancient cultures." My kindle tells me I read this book back in 2005, I may need to reinvestigate. I'm sure it was a recommendation from a friend, anyone wish to take credit?

What struck me about the write-up in The Devotional are these words of inspiration and motivation to all struggling novelists.

The author "spent twelve years writing this novel and then was unable to find a mainstream press to publish it. Published by a small feminist New Zealand publishing collective, it sold out its initial print run in six weeks and went on to become the most successful novel in New Zealand publishing history."

No comments: