Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Another Stirring List


I've been away. I've been in transition, but so what. Let's move on.

I'd fallen behind on my commentary related to the Bibliophile's Devotional. Now arrives at my desk 1,000 Books to Read Before You Die. Yes, there are literally thousands of best books lists, what I find interesting about this one is the annotation by the author. Why he read or recommends a book is not always in synch with why I read it or would recommend it to friend or foe.

While the Bibliophile's Devotional was structured around a book a day, the 1,000 books are just that - page after page of titles I have read, had on my to-read list (a few on my not-to-read), and surprisingly to me, never heard of. Yes, the whole pile of tomes never ever in my sights before.

I have several long-time friends who will be thanking me for this discovery but that appreciation will come with a long, long sigh because none of us that a thousand reads left in us.

I may have more to say on this topic, but my Kindle just pinged - another book has arrived.


No comments: